The exact dosing instructions for nitric oxide supplement is not known. However, most supplements contain an average dose of grams of L-arginine and L-citrulline. We suggest you follow a process known as tolerance mapping to understand just how much nitric acid is required for your body. The process is simple. All you have to do is start with a small dose in Week 1. During the first week, make sure you note down the benefits and side effects that you are feeling. Once your body has adjusted to the lowest dose possible, you can then increase the dosing until you start feeling beneficial effects. Gradually, your body starts adjusting to the supplement and you will hit your optimal dose. However, the temporary recommendations for the supplement that you can take 2000mg-6000mg per day for optimum effects. Please note that overdosing is possible as dose variations can happen due to physiological differences. In case you notice diarrhea, vomiting, weakness, and nausea, stop the supplement immediately and consult your personal physician. Please note that liquids are absorbed much faster than solids and dosages for liquids will be lower than that of solid preparations.
Side-effects from the use of steroids are extremely common and can be quite significant. Most side-effects are reversible once the athlete stops usage although serious long-term side-effects and even death have occurred as a direct result of steroid use.
• Decreased sperm production and sex drive
• Increased aggression, irritability and mood swings
• Liver disorders
• Baldness (alopecia)
• Hypertension (high blood pressure)
• Raised cholesterol
• Gynecomastia (development of over-sized mammary glands in males)
• Menstrual irregularities (in women)
• Hirsuitism (excessive hair growth occurring in females which follows the pattern of male hair growth, . facial)
• Deepening of the voice
• Reduced immunity
• Possible development of tumors (wilm’s tumor, prostate carcinoma and leukemia have been reported, although a connection is not proven)